In order to make our Eucharistic celebrations reverent, preserve the sacred character of our liturgies, and make all who gather with us comfortable, here are some gentle reminders of church etiquette:
- Conversation: Out of respect for the liturgy and those who wish to engage in private prayer before and after Mass, please maintain a reverent silence in the main body of the Church. Conversation should be limited to the Narthex. The Crying Room and/or Narthex are proper places to bring crying children.
- Communication Devices: Kindly remember to silence all cell phones, pagers and children’s toys before entering the church.
- Arriving on Time: We ask that you make every effort to be on time for Mass. If for some reason you arrive after Mass has begun, please wait for an usher to seat you at the appropriate time. If you arrive after the Gospel has been proclaimed, please refrain from receiving Communion that day.
- Leaving before the Final Blessing: The time after Communion gives us an opportunity to offer thanks for the gift we have received. The Final Blessing is an important part of the Mass. At the dismissal, our commission to go out and spread the good news of Jesus Christ is celebrated. Please remember that the celebrant should be the last person to enter and the first person to leave Mass.
- Proper Attire: Please remember to don your Sunday best for church. Dress should be modest and not attract undue attention. This reflects a respect for Jesus, self and others at Mass.
- Food/Drinks: Please do not bring any food, drink or chewing gum into the church.